Guided Tours through the Umoona Opal Mine
Tour times: 10 am, 2 pm, 4 pm daily
The Opal Mine – first worked in the 1920s, today we take people through the mine to see (and understand) how opal is formed and mined.
- See “The Story of Opal” – a 20 minute award-winning documentary presented in an underground theatrette on three panoramic screens.
- An explanation of opals including the different types and quality.
- Underground dugout home – contrasting examples of an early hand dug and modern machine dug home.
- Modern Dugout – Underground Home
- Let us explain the reason and differences to living underground
As well you’ll get a 10% Discount on Jewellery not already discounted and Complimentary Tea/Coffee after your tour.
Cost – $10.00 adult, $5.00 children.
Family rates and coach group rates available…